Award-Winning Wayne, PA, Dentist Dr. Handel
Meet Dr. Brian Handel, DMD
Becoming a dentist was a dream of mine even before I entered high school.
My teachers always complimented me on my artistic ability and in shop classes, my instructors noticed how well I worked with my hands and always seemed to comment on how creative my projects were. I would typically hear, “you’re amazing with your hands, maybe you should think about becoming an artist, a mechanic, a carpenter or a welder. None of those professions really interested me but it got me thinking.
After a visit to our family dentist for a filling, I was really impressed by his ability to repair a cavity in my mouth and make it look like nothing was ever done. I then looked at some before/after pictures of his cosmetic work and thought to myself, I could do this!
Through high school and college, I worked in different dental offices learning as much as I could about the profession which only reinforced my passion for dentistry. I loved the idea of working with people to make them healthier and improving their self-esteem with a beautiful smile.
After college and a brief time off in South Florida working as a wallpaper hanger and enjoying the beach, I entered the Temple University School of Dentistry and earned the degree I’ve been dreaming of since junior high school.
Soon after graduating I became part of a Wayne tradition of providing quality care and comfortable dental treatment. I’ve dedicated my career to providing my patients with the best that dentistry has to offer using the latest technology, materials, and treatments.
Every day I go to my office with an extreme appreciation for the confidence and trust my patients have placed in me. And because of that, I am in constant pursuit of knowledge that will help my patients.
Education & Training
- Temple University School of Dentistry
- Continuing education at the world-renowned Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Cosmetic Studies (LVI)
- Advanced training in Aesthetics, Periodontics, Implants, Ceramic Restorations, Laser Dentistry, and Orthodontics
- ClearCorrect certified
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Academy of General Dentistry
- International Association of Orthodontics
- The Academy of Laser Dentistry
- DOCS (Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation)
- The World Clinical Laser Institute
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain which emphasizes education in TMJ treatment and sleep breathing disorders
- Charter member of Appliance Therapy Practitioners
Awards & Accolades
- Voted to the list of “America’s Top Dentists” for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2017 by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Voted one of the Top Dentists on the Main Line by his peers in Main Line Today Magazine four years in a row
- Voted one of America’s Top Dentists through the Consumer Research Council of America
I am a cosmetic dentist who believes in giving back to my community and am proud to help improve the dental health of those who are less fortunate. I’m a volunteer for the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Give Back a Smile program, which provides complimentary cosmetic care to domestic violence survivors and I also enjoy volunteering my skills to the National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped.
Away from the Office
In my free time, there is nothing more important than my family and friends. I have two amazing daughters I spend as much time with as I possibly can and they never seem to stop amazing me in a wonderful way. I am a very proud dad. I also enjoy yoga, working out, playing guitar, golf, tennis, and traveling.
Meet Our Wayne, PA, Dentist Dr. Handel – Schedule Your Appointment Today
To learn more about how Dr. Handel can help you, schedule your Wayne Dental Care New Patient Exam or your complimentary Wayne Dental Care Orthodontic Consultation today by calling 610-293-1227 or by clicking here. During your appointment, our team will make sure all your questions are thoroughly answered about our office, dental treatments, flexible payments options, and anything else that you wish to know about us!
As one of the premier dental and orthodontic practices in Wayne, PA, our experienced doctors and team at Wayne Dental Care also provide 5-star-rated dental and orthodontic care to patients in Berwyn, Devon, & King of Prussia, PA, and surrounding areas.