I Crown Thee…Queen Or King Of Beautiful Smiles!
We love crowning our patients. No, we’re not talking about the type of crown that can give you real estate beyond your wildest dreams and the ability to knight someone, but our crowns still have great value. The crowns we use can give you a stellar smile, which leads to improved self-confidence, which could lead to untold opportunities. Think we’re overselling it? You’ll have to continue reading to find out more.
What Are Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are natural-looking and permanent prosthetic structures that entirely cover (or crown) a damaged tooth. Crowns are certainly effective when it comes to strengthening your teeth, but they serve many other purposes, as well. They can:
- Restore a fractured or weak tooth
- Function as a filling for teeth missing too much surface area
- Attach a bridge or cover a dental implant
- Correct tooth discoloration
- Correct misshapen teeth
What You Can Expect From Treatment
If we determine that you are a good candidate for crowns, the treatment will require two visits.
- First Visit – We will prepare your tooth by removing some of its surface. Once a sufficient amount of your tooth has been removed, he will take a dental impression; this impression is what will be used to make perfectly fitting crowns. Before you leave, temporary crowns will be placed to protect your tooth and keep it from shifting.
- Second Visit – We will remove your temporary crown and prepare your tooth for the permanent crown. He will check it for fit, function, and appearance and then permanently cement it into place.
After you leave, you will have a beautiful crown that, if cared for properly, could last a lifetime. The best way to protect your crown is to practice good oral hygiene, including regular brushing, daily flossing, and visiting us as recommended.
The best part of having a new crown is that it will give you confidence in your smile. Will it lead to having valets, footmen, and chauffeurs at your beck and call? Probably not, but it just might make you feel like royalty when you smile.
To learn more about dental crowns, contact Wayne Dental Care today to schedule an appointment. We can’t wait to see your smile!