The Versatility of Veneers
There are so many ways that Wayne Dental Care can give people the smile they’ve always wanted: For those with crooked teeth, we’ve got orthodontics; for those with dull smiles, we’ve got whitening; for those with teeth that are worn down from clenching and grinding, we’ve got crowns. But what if we told you that there was a single treatment that could take care of all of those problems and more? Don’t be skeptical — it actually exists. Dental veneers are one of the most versatile treatments available, and we are proud to offer them to our patients.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are ultra-thin porcelain shells that cover the front of your visible teeth. The can correct a number of dental concerns, including:
- Teeth that overlap or have excess space
- Teeth that haven’t responded well to whitening treatment
- Teeth that are too rounded or too squared
- Teeth that are too short
- Teeth that are cracked, chipped, or pitted
Crafting and placing veneers combine the best of artistry and medical science. Best of all, they are a conservative solution to your smile imperfections, which means you can have a gorgeous grin without having to undergo surgery.
How Do They Work?
From start to finish, veneers require two or more appointments. Once you and your dentist have determined that veneers are right for you and decided what look you’re going for, you can expect the following to take place:
- Your dentist will prepare your teeth by removing a thin layer of enamel from the front surface.
- Next, your dentist will need to take an impression of your teeth; this is what will be used by the dental lab to create veneers that will fit perfectly.
- Once your veneers have been manufactured, you will return to the office to have them placed; this involves permanently bonding them to the front of your teeth.
- Finally, your dentist will polish and shape your veneers so they look great and function comfortably.
Why Do We Love Them?
Veneers make your smile look red carpet–ready. They can be made to match the color of your natural teeth (or lighter if you’re trying to brighten your smile), they are stain resistant, and they don’t require special care; simply brush, floss, and visit your dentist as recommended. Why we REALLY love them, though, is because they can completely change the way you feel about yourself. When you’re confident with your smile, it shows in everything you do. Not only are you more likely to smile and laugh more freely, you’re also more likely to interact with others and enjoy life to its fullest.
If you live in or near Wayne, Pennsylvania, and are interested in changing your smile, we’d love to talk to you about veneers and other treatments that might give you the look you’ve always wanted. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.